Ted specializes in complex family law matters and general litigation. Ted also serves as a mediator in family law cases. Ted focuses on marital cases involving complicated financial and child related issues. While Ted is a formidable advocate in the courtroom, he has gained a reputation for finding a resolution that focuses on the best interest of the children and the parties. His knowledge and expertise over 25 years of family law cases is invaluable especially when combined with his personal and caring approach toward finding an amicable resolution. These same skills also serve to make him a very effective mediator.
Ted has been named in Colorado’s Super Lawyers (based on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement) in all years from 2008-2017. Ted has the highest rating available to attorneys in Martindale Hubbell: AV rating, 5.0 out of 5. He also is a past president, vice president and treasurer of the Pitkin County Bar Association. Currently, Ted is a member of the Colorado Supreme Court hearing board and has served as a hearing officer for the City of Aspen. Ted also was appointed by the Colorado Supreme Court as a member of the Ninth Judicial District Commission on Judicial Performance. In addition, Ted has served as the deputy municipal judge for the City of Aspen for several years.
- Stanford University (1980), B.A. in Political Science and English
- University of Southern California (1984), J.D.
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
RECOGNITIONS & AWARDS
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2008-2017
- Preeminent AV Rating, 5.0 out of 5, Martindale-Hubbell
MEMBERSHIPS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Colorado Bar Association
- Pitkin County Bar Association
- Deputy Municipal Judge, Aspen, Colorado
- Hearing Officer, City of Aspen, Colorado
- Member, Colorado Supreme Court hearing board
- Member, Ninth Judicial District Commission on Judicial Performance
- Professionalism Award, Colorado Bar Association, 1997