David is a Colorado native and lifelong Colorado resident. He attended the University of Colorado for his Molecular Biology degree and the University of Denver for his Juris doctorate.
David started his professional life as a securities litigator in a large national law firm (500+ lawyers). He soon realized that he would be able to take more cases to trial and deal directly with the principals, rather than their handlers, by moving his practice to Aspen, Colorado.
For more than twenty years, David has practiced in Aspen with the same firm. His specialties have evolved to include construction, litigation, arbitration and real estate. On the litigation side, David has been the lead trial lawyer responsible for obtaining numerous high value trial verdicts and settlements. He has also vigorously and successfully defended his clients against suits that alleged construction defects, delays, breaches of fiduciary duty, violations of partnership agreements and failed developments, as well as general commercial and corporate disputes.
On the real estate side, David has been the lead attorney charged with the negotiation and due diligence on numerous commercial, residential and multi-family transactions, from condominium purchases throughout the Roaring Fork Valley to large ranch and home sales up to $42 million in value (at the time the largest sale in Pitkin County).
- University of Minnesota
- University of Colorado, Boulder – Bachelor of Arts – Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology – 1986
- Juris doctorate – University of Denver – 1990
- Colorado – 1990
- US District Court, District of Colorado and U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
RECOGNITIONS & AWARDS
- Dean’s Scholar
- Alumni Scholar
- Full Merit Scholarship – University of Denver School of Law
- Past Board Memberships
- Roaring Fork Legal Services – Board Member
- Early Learning Center – President and Board Member
MEMBERSHIPS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- The Buddy Program
- National Council Member
- Board Member since 2007
- Vice President 2010 and 2011
- President 2012 and 2013
- Pitkin County (President 1999)