Stephanie specializes in complex family law matters, trusts & estates, and general litigation. With a keen eye and understanding for financial nuances, Stephanie focuses on cases involving unique and complicated financial issues. Among her peers, Stephanie has gained a reputation for having “moxie.” Stephanie is a fearless advocate for her clients; she is as assertive and tenacious as she is personable and diplomatic. Stephanie is a formidable opponent in the courtroom, but she is also a skilled negotiator and a seasoned relationship builder.
Stephanie has been named in Colorado’s “Super Lawyers” (based on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement) in 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017, which also includes the recognition “Top Rated Family Attorney in Aspen.” Stephanie has been given the elite distinction of being named a “Rising Star,” an honor that is limited to only 2.5% of the attorneys in the state. Stephanie has repeatedly been awarded the “10 Best Under 40” distinction by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys and the “Nationally Ranged Top 10 Under 40” distinction by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys.
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., with honors, 2005
- Washington University in St. Louis, J.D., 2008
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, L.L.M. Taxation, expected 2017
- District of Columbia
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Courts (Federal)
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
RECOGNITIONS & AWARDS
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star: 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Aspen, Colo.
- Top 40 Lawyers Under 40, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2016.
- 10 Best Under 40, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2014- present
- Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys , 2014- present
- Award of Merit, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
MEMBERSHIPS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pitkin County Bar Association
- Attorney Member, Hague Convention Attorney Network
- National Association of Professional Women
- The Aspen Institute, Society of Fellows
- Aspen Art Museum, Contemporaries